Supporting the work of KiTZ
KiTZ ambassadors are committed to the topic of childhood and adolescent cancer and support the KiTZ in raising awareness of the needs of young cancer patients and their families. For example, through joint projects or by giving the young patients a treat that they will remember and that will give them strength and courage to get through their serious illness. Ambassadors support the work of the KiTZ with their time and donations. We would like to express our sincere thanks for this personal commitment!
Our sponsors also support the KiTZ in a variety of ways. The Dietmar Hopp Stiftung and Gerda Tschira's ODWIN gGmbH are among the main sponsors of the KiTZ. They are bearing the majority of the construction costs totaling 85 million euros for the new KiTZ building, which they are donating to the state of Baden-Württemberg. In addition, there are a number of other foundations, initiatives and networks that help us to carry out our research projects and translate them into clinical applications - for the benefit of our patients.
Actress and voice actress.
KiTZ ambassador since 2016
"I got to know Stefan Pfister personally at the ZDF gala "Ein Herz für Kinder“ in 2014. Everything he told me about his plans for the Children's Tumor Center impressed me deeply. This committed project is very important to me.
To give new hope to children with cancer and their families, this is what KiTZ is all about. As a mother of two children, I do understand how important this hope is for the affected families."
TV doctor and presenter,
KiTZ ambassador since 2021
"As a person affected, I have painfully experienced how important it is to develop new treatment options for children with cancer. Committing to the issue does not ease our pain. But I can do something for other affected families and perhaps even help to ensure that other families do not have to suffer the same as we and many others."
Jonathan Tah,Football player in the national team,
KiTZ ambassador since 2019
"I know that I have a privileged life and for that I would like to give something in return. Children are our future. I am in a position, where I can give children something that gives them power to believe that they can do it."
At the KiTZ, pediatric oncology research and patient care are combined under one roof. The Dietmar Hopp Stiftung and Gerda Tschira'sODWIN gGmbH are among the main sponsors of the KiTZ. They are also bearing the majority of the construction costs totaling 85 million euros and are building the new KiTZ building, which they are donating to the state of Baden-Württemberg. In addition, there are a number of other foundations, initiatives and networks that help us carry out our research projects and translate them into clinical applications - for the benefit of our patients.
- Aktion für krebskranke Kinder e.V. Heidelberg
- A kid`s Brain Tumor Cure
- Barbara und Wilfried Mohr Stiftung
- Bild hilft e.V. "Ein Herz für Kinder"
- Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung
- CERN Foundation
- Children´s Tumor Foundation
- Courage – Initiative für chronisch kranke Kinder
- Deutsche Kinderkrebsstiftung
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)
- Deutsche Krebshilfe
- Deutsches Konsortium für Translationale Krebsforschung (DKTK)
- Deutsche Leukämie Forschungshilfe Heidelberg e.V.
- Deutsche Leukämie Forschungshilfe Verband-Pfalz e.V.
- DFB-Stiftung Egidius Braun
- Dietmar Hopp Stiftung
- Dürr Foundation
- Ein Kiwi gegen Krebs
- Gert und Susanna Mayer Stiftung
- Hays PLC
- Horizon 2020
- Innovative Medicines Initiative
- Manfred Lautenschläger Stiftung
- Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg
- Nationales Centrum für Tumorerkrankungen
- Team Bensheim Tour der Hoffnung e.V.
- The brain tumour charity
- Tour der Hoffnung
- Tyler Robinson Foundation
- Verein für krebskranke Kinder Odenwald e.V.
- Wilhelm Sander-Stiftung für Krebsforschung